Thanks for the insight Michael. Duly noted.
Abhishek
From: Michael Dexter <edi...@callfortesting.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 5:08 PM
To: Abhishek Gupta (LIS)
Cc: freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Use of Floppy Drive with FreeBSD Virtual Machines

On 11/12/13 1:07 PM, Abhishek Gupta (LIS) wrote:
> Thanks for the response Michael! I understand now. Just wanted to let
> you know that Hyper-V Gen2 VMs do not have a virtual FDD.

On the topic of passing a virtual FDD to a VM for a passed-through PCI*
card BIOS update, a bhyve developer wrote:

"Strictly speaking, it depends on the device: some can
restart with a function-level reset, but more than likely they would
require a power-cycle, and most systems don't provide the ability to
power-cycle an individual card."

Michael