On 23-2-2014 15:57, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
>> I'm also looking into running a Ubuntu vm. i want to test/use
> zoneminder, and all my FreeBSD attempts run into trouble.
>> So I'm also still looking for grub-bhyve.....
> grub2-bhyve is in ports: http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/grub2-bhyve/

Yup, took me some time to realize that on this experimental box portsnap
was not running nightly...

> If you do a web search, you'll find several HOWTO articles for using it.
> Recently, Rudy wrote a nice one:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-virtualization/2014-February/002305.html

I did have that, from his announcement,
But trying to follow that, I get:
freetest# bhyvectl --destroy --vm=ubuntu
freetest# grub-bhyve -r cd0 -m ./device.map -M 2048 ubuntu

                                            GNU GRUB  version 2.00
> [I select to install Ubuntu Server]

freetest# bhyve -c 2 -m 2048M -H -P -A \
?     -s 0:0,hostbridge \
?     -s 1:0,lpc -s 2:0,virtio-net,tap3 \
?     -s 3,ahci-cd,ubuntu-13.10.iso -l com1,stdio \
?     -s 4,virtio-blk,/dev/zvol/zfsroot/ubuntu ubuntu
vm exit rdmsr 0xc0010015, cpu 0

And I've seen discussions in other threads about reading/writing cpu
registers where some bits should be 0, but trap when being set....
(Or something close to this...???)

So it could again be due to the amdsrc tree differences?

And again this is running on my AMD-board.
/dev/zvol/zfsroot/ubuntu is a 10G zvol
tap3 is created and up
and ./ubuntu-13.10.iso is the ubuntu server ISO suggested by Rudy.