Hi Peter,

Thanks for your quick response!

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 09:20:08AM -0800, Peter Grehan wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> > Hardware: Supermicro X9SPV-F3610ME-O (embedded i5) with 16GB RAM
> >
> > Host kernels (+userland of the same version):
> >     10.0 RC5
> >     10.0 RELEASE
> >     10 STABLE
>
>   Does the segfault happen on h/w with all of these ? (I think you
> mention below that it's only 10-stable that has the issue with Fusion).

The segfault occurs on all of these on real h/w and on Fusion only the
guest faults (repeatedly) on a 10 STABLE host (my previous email was not
very clear).  I have only tested a 10.0 RELEASE guest on Fusion.

> > The kernel has been stripped (unneeded drivers and stuff like DEBUG,
> > AUDIT, CAPABILITIES, MAC removed)
>
>   Can you post the kernel config you are using ?

See below.

> later,
>
> Peter.

With kind regards,

Paul Schenkeveld

cpu             HAMMER
ident           HOMESERVER

#makeoptions    DEBUG=-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols
makeoptions     WITH_CTF=1              # Run ctfconvert(1) for DTrace support

options         SCHED_ULE               # ULE scheduler
options         PREEMPTION              # Enable kernel thread preemption
options         INET                    # InterNETworking
options         INET6                   # IPv6 communications protocols
options         TCP_OFFLOAD             # TCP offload
options         SCTP                    # Stream Control Transmission Protocol
options         FFS                     # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             # Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_ACL                 # Support for access control lists
options         UFS_DIRHASH             # Improve performance on big directories
options         UFS_GJOURNAL            # Enable gjournal-based UFS journaling
options         QUOTA                   # Enable disk quotas for UFS
options         MD_ROOT                 # MD is a potential root device
options         NFSCL                   # New Network Filesystem Client
options         NFSD                    # New Network Filesystem Server
options         NFSLOCKD                # Network Lock Manager
options         NFS_ROOT                # NFS usable as /, requires NFSCL
options         MSDOSFS                 # MSDOS Filesystem
options         CD9660                  # ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         PROCFS                  # Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options         PSEUDOFS                # Pseudo-filesystem framework
options         GEOM_PART_GPT           # GUID Partition Tables.
options         GEOM_RAID               # Soft RAID functionality.
options         GEOM_LABEL              # Provides labelization
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD32        # Compatible with i386 binaries
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         # Compatible with FreeBSD4
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD5         # Compatible with FreeBSD5
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD6         # Compatible with FreeBSD6
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD7         # Compatible with FreeBSD7
options         SCSI_DELAY=5000         # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         KTRACE                  # ktrace(1) support
options         STACK                   # stack(9) support
options         SYSVSHM                 # SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time
extensions
options         PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE=128    # Prevent printf output being
interspersed.
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         HWPMC_HOOKS             # Necessary kernel hooks for hwpmc(4)
#options        AUDIT                   # Security event auditing
#options        CAPABILITY_MODE         # Capsicum capability mode
#options        CAPABILITIES            # Capsicum capabilities
options         PROCDESC                # Support for process descriptors
#options        MAC                     # TrustedBSD MAC Framework
options         KDTRACE_FRAME           # Ensure frames are compiled in
options         KDTRACE_HOOKS           # Kernel DTrace hooks
options         DDB_CTF                 # Kernel ELF linker loads CTF data
options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE     # Include this file in kernel

# Debugging support.  Always need this:
options         KDB                     # Enable kernel debugger support.
options         KDB_TRACE               # Print a stack trace for a panic.

# Make an SMP-capable kernel by default
options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel

# CPU frequency control
device          cpufreq

# Bus support.
device          acpi
device          pci

# Floppy drives
#device         fdc

# ATA controllers
device          ahci            # AHCI-compatible SATA controllers
device          ata             # Legacy ATA/SATA controllers
options         ATA_STATIC_ID   # Static device numbering
device          mvs             # Marvell 88SX50XX/88SX60XX/88SX70XX/SoC SATA
device          siis            # SiliconImage SiI3124/SiI3132/SiI3531 SATA

# SCSI Controllers
#device         ahc             # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
#options        AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
#device         ahd             # AHA39320/29320 and onboard AIC79xx devices
#options        AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~215k to driver.
#device         esp             # AMD Am53C974 (Tekram DC-390(T))
#device         hptiop          # Highpoint RocketRaid 3xxx series
#device         isp             # Qlogic family
#device         ispfw           # Firmware for QLogic HBAs- normally a module
#device         mpt             # LSI-Logic MPT-Fusion
#device         mps             # LSI-Logic MPT-Fusion 2
#device         ncr             # NCR/Symbios Logic
#device         sym             # NCR/Symbios Logic (newer chipsets + those of
`ncr')
#device         trm             # Tekram DC395U/UW/F DC315U adapters

#device         adv             # Advansys SCSI adapters
#device         adw             # Advansys wide SCSI adapters
#device         aic             # Adaptec 15[012]x SCSI adapters, AIC-6[23]60.
#device         bt              # Buslogic/Mylex MultiMaster SCSI adapters
#device         isci            # Intel C600 SAS controller

# ATA/SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for ATA/SCSI)
#device         ch              # SCSI media changers
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
#device         sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct ATA/SCSI access)
#device         ses             # Enclosure Services (SES and SAF-TE)
#device         ctl             # CAM Target Layer

# RAID controllers interfaced to the SCSI subsystem
#device         amr             # AMI MegaRAID
#device         arcmsr          # Areca SATA II RAID
#XXX it is not 64-bit clean, -scottl
#device         asr             # DPT SmartRAID V, VI and Adaptec SCSI RAID
#device         ciss            # Compaq Smart RAID 5*
#device         dpt             # DPT Smartcache III, IV - See NOTES for options
#device         hptmv           # Highpoint RocketRAID 182x
#device         hptnr           # Highpoint DC7280, R750
#device         hptrr           # Highpoint RocketRAID 17xx, 22xx, 23xx, 25xx
#device         hpt27xx         # Highpoint RocketRAID 27xx
#device         iir             # Intel Integrated RAID
#device         ips             # IBM (Adaptec) ServeRAID
#device         mly             # Mylex AcceleRAID/eXtremeRAID
#device         twa             # 3ware 9000 series PATA/SATA RAID
#device         tws             # LSI 3ware 9750 SATA+SAS 6Gb/s RAID controller

# RAID controllers
#device         aac             # Adaptec FSA RAID
#device         aacp            # SCSI passthrough for aac (requires CAM)
#device         aacraid         # Adaptec by PMC RAID
#device         ida             # Compaq Smart RAID
#device         mfi             # LSI MegaRAID SAS
#device         mlx             # Mylex DAC960 family
#XXX pointer/int warnings
#device         pst             # Promise Supertrak SX6000
#device         twe             # 3ware ATA RAID

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device          atkbdc          # AT keyboard controller
device          atkbd           # AT keyboard
device          psm             # PS/2 mouse

device          kbdmux          # keyboard multiplexer

device          vga             # VGA video card driver
options         VESA            # Add support for VESA BIOS Extensions (VBE)

device          splash          # Splash screen and screen saver support

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device          sc
options         SC_PIXEL_MODE   # add support for the raster text mode

device          agp             # support several AGP chipsets

# PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
# PCMCIA and cardbus bridge support
#device         cbb             # cardbus (yenta) bridge
#device         pccard          # PC Card (16-bit) bus
#device         cardbus         # CardBus (32-bit) bus

# Serial (COM) ports
device          uart            # Generic UART driver

# Parallel port
#device         ppc
#device         ppbus           # Parallel port bus (required)
#device         lpt             # Printer
#device         ppi             # Parallel port interface device
#device         vpo             # Requires scbus and da

#device         puc             # Multi I/O cards and multi-channel UARTs

# PCI Ethernet NICs.
#device         bxe             # Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5771X/BCM578XX 10GbE
#device         de              # DEC/Intel DC21x4x (``Tulip'')
device          em              # Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit Ethernet Family
#device         igb             # Intel PRO/1000 PCIE Server Gigabit Family
#device         ixgbe           # Intel PRO/10GbE PCIE Ethernet Family
#device         le              # AMD Am7900 LANCE and Am79C9xx PCnet
#device         ti              # Alteon Networks Tigon I/II gigabit Ethernet
#device         txp             # 3Com 3cR990 (``Typhoon'')
#device         vx              # 3Com 3c590, 3c595 (``Vortex'')

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these NICs!
device          miibus          # MII bus support
#device         ae              # Attansic/Atheros L2 FastEthernet
#device         age             # Attansic/Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet
#device         alc             # Atheros AR8131/AR8132 Ethernet
#device         ale             # Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 Ethernet
#device         bce             # Broadcom BCM5706/BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet
#device         bfe             # Broadcom BCM440x 10/100 Ethernet
#device         bge             # Broadcom BCM570xx Gigabit Ethernet
#device         cas             # Sun Cassini/Cassini+ and NS DP83065 Saturn
#device         dc              # DEC/Intel 21143 and various workalikes
#device         et              # Agere ET1310 10/100/Gigabit Ethernet
#device         fxp             # Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B (82557, 82558)
#device         gem             # Sun GEM/Sun ERI/Apple GMAC
#device         hme             # Sun HME (Happy Meal Ethernet)
#device         jme             # JMicron JMC250 Gigabit/JMC260 Fast Ethernet
#device         lge             # Level 1 LXT1001 gigabit Ethernet
#device         msk             # Marvell/SysKonnect Yukon II Gigabit Ethernet
#device         nfe             # nVidia nForce MCP on-board Ethernet
#device         nge             # NatSemi DP83820 gigabit Ethernet
#device         nve             # nVidia nForce MCP on-board Ethernet Networking
#device         pcn             # AMD Am79C97x PCI 10/100 (precedence over 'le')
#device         re              # RealTek 8139C+/8169/8169S/8110S
#device         rl              # RealTek 8129/8139
#device         sf              # Adaptec AIC-6915 (``Starfire'')
#device         sge             # Silicon Integrated Systems SiS190/191
#device         sis             # Silicon Integrated Systems SiS 900/SiS 7016
#device         sk              # SysKonnect SK-984x & SK-982x gigabit Ethernet
#device         ste             # Sundance ST201 (D-Link DFE-550TX)
#device         stge            # Sundance/Tamarack TC9021 gigabit Ethernet
#device         tl              # Texas Instruments ThunderLAN
#device         tx              # SMC EtherPower II (83c170 ``EPIC'')
#device         vge             # VIA VT612x gigabit Ethernet
#device         vr              # VIA Rhine, Rhine II
#device         wb              # Winbond W89C840F
#device         xl              # 3Com 3c90x (``Boomerang'', ``Cyclone'')

# ISA Ethernet NICs.  pccard NICs included.
#device         cs              # Crystal Semiconductor CS89x0 NIC
# 'device ed' requires 'device miibus'
#device         ed              # NE[12]000, SMC Ultra, 3c503, DS8390 cards
#device         ex              # Intel EtherExpress Pro/10 and Pro/10+
#device         ep              # Etherlink III based cards
#device         fe              # Fujitsu MB8696x based cards
#device         sn              # SMC's 9000 series of Ethernet chips
#device         xe              # Xircom pccard Ethernet

# Wireless NIC cards
#device         wlan            # 802.11 support
#options        IEEE80211_DEBUG # enable debug msgs
#options        IEEE80211_AMPDU_AGE # age frames in AMPDU reorder q's
#options        IEEE80211_SUPPORT_MESH  # enable 802.11s draft support
#device         wlan_wep        # 802.11 WEP support
#device         wlan_ccmp       # 802.11 CCMP support
#device         wlan_tkip       # 802.11 TKIP support
#device         wlan_amrr       # AMRR transmit rate control algorithm
#device         an              # Aironet 4500/4800 802.11 wireless NICs.
#device         ath             # Atheros NICs
#device         ath_pci         # Atheros pci/cardbus glue
#device         ath_hal         # pci/cardbus chip support
#options        AH_SUPPORT_AR5416       # enable AR5416 tx/rx descriptors
#options        AH_AR5416_INTERRUPT_MITIGATION  # AR5416 interrupt mitigation
#options        ATH_ENABLE_11N  # Enable 802.11n support for AR5416 and later
#device         ath_rate_sample # SampleRate tx rate control for ath
#device         bwi             # Broadcom BCM430x/BCM431x wireless NICs.
#device         bwn             # Broadcom BCM43xx wireless NICs.
#device         ipw             # Intel 2100 wireless NICs.
#device         iwi             # Intel 2200BG/2225BG/2915ABG wireless NICs.
#device         iwn             # Intel 4965/1000/5000/6000 wireless NICs.
#device         malo            # Marvell Libertas wireless NICs.
#device         mwl             # Marvell 88W8363 802.11n wireless NICs.
#device         ral             # Ralink Technology RT2500 wireless NICs.
#device         wi              # WaveLAN/Intersil/Symbol 802.11 wireless NICs.
#device         wpi             # Intel 3945ABG wireless NICs.

# Pseudo devices.
device          loop            # Network loopback
device          random          # Entropy device
device          padlock_rng     # VIA Padlock RNG
device          rdrand_rng      # Intel Bull Mountain RNG
device          ether           # Ethernet support
device          vlan            # 802.1Q VLAN support
device          tun             # Packet tunnel.
device          md              # Memory "disks"
device          gif             # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling
#device         faith           # IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying (translation)
device          firmware        # firmware assist module

# The `bpf' device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
# Note that 'bpf' is required for DHCP.
device          bpf             # Berkeley packet filter

# USB support
options         USB_DEBUG       # enable debug msgs
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ehci            # EHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 2.0)
device          xhci            # XHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 3.0)
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          ukbd            # Keyboard
device          umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da

# Sound support
device          sound           # Generic sound driver (required)
device          snd_cmi         # CMedia CMI8338/CMI8738
device          snd_csa         # Crystal Semiconductor CS461x/428x
device          snd_emu10kx     # Creative SoundBlaster Live! and Audigy
device          snd_es137x      # Ensoniq AudioPCI ES137x
device          snd_hda         # Intel High Definition Audio
device          snd_ich         # Intel, NVidia and other ICH AC'97 Audio
device          snd_via8233     # VIA VT8233x Audio

# MMC/SD
#device         mmc             # MMC/SD bus
#device         mmcsd           # MMC/SD memory card
#device         sdhci           # Generic PCI SD Host Controller

# VirtIO support
device          virtio          # Generic VirtIO bus (required)
device          virtio_pci      # VirtIO PCI device
device          vtnet           # VirtIO Ethernet device
device          virtio_blk      # VirtIO Block device
device          virtio_scsi     # VirtIO SCSI device
device          virtio_balloon  # VirtIO Memory Balloon device

# HyperV drivers
#device         hyperv          # HyperV drivers

# Xen HVM Guest Optimizations
# NOTE: XENHVM depends on xenpci.  They must be added or removed together.
#options        XENHVM          # Xen HVM kernel infrastructure
#device         xenpci          # Xen HVM Hypervisor services driver

# VMware support
#device         vmx             # VMware VMXNET3 Ethernet