Hey all,

Is there any current support for vde2 aside from using vde2_plug2tap? (Does that even work? I believe vde2 likes to open the tap interface exclusively. I need to bring up a bhyve test environment to check fully.)

How exactly does the bhyve network stack work through bridging? I'm imaging it's tying in to bridging APIs?

I'm assuming bhyve-to-bhyve network communication is also possible?

I can't imagine it'd be too hard to implement vde2 support for networking...it'd give me more control over my VMs and give easier integration with SIMH VMs.

OpenVSwitch I know less about...but I'm aware it is another virtual switch and it works on FreeBSD...not sure if it has a kernel module or if it's in userspace. With vde2 I know for sure it can be attached to a tap interface and therefore a bridge.

A virtual switch for bhyve would be a useful feature if there aren't any plans for one. Get up there and have it in base. ;)

Unrelated: any plans for a special bhyve-to-bhyve communication bus? Not too useful of a feature...I can't think of any use for it off-hand aside from dedicating a VM to administrating VMs without exposing much to the host beyond configurations.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff