Hi Manas,

I have experienced something similar on a Gentoo guest. It boots fine
but I don't get a login prompt at the end of the boot process. I am
interested in learning a solution to this. I have a 14.04.1 Ubuntu
guest‎ and a Debian guest (latest version) that work fine and present
me with a login prompt.

This is most likely a graphically-oriented distro that doesn't have an install process that can run on a serial console. I've seen that same with Fedora ISOs.

Server distros are your best bet for bhyve, at least until VGA emulation is done.

later,

Peter.