Does anyone have an experience on booting CentOS 4 as a bhyve guest?

This should now be partly fixed with grub2-bhyve 0.30 (the latest version in ports).

I've tried the 4.8 x86_64 install DVD and booted with a single vCPU guest. SMP isn't yet working.

4.8/i386 has issues with the atpic and detecting PCI devices that I'm still looking into.

With 4.8, I used ahci-hd for disks since there seemed to be sporadic issues with virtio-blk.

 In addition, 5.11 now seems to work fine, UP/SMP and with virtio-blk.