On 8-2-2015 21:04, Yamagi Burmeister wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Feb 2015 15:53:45 +0100
> Willem Jan Withagen <w...@digiware.nl> wrote:
>
>> A inbetween sulution at the moment is to run grub-bhyve -c /dev/null.
>> That continues, dus does not offer the possibility to interfere in the
>> boot process. At least not for my ubuntu-12.04 VMs.
>
> I hacked around that problem by writing one bit into the nmdm device.
> Or to say it in code:
>
> true > $NMDMB &
> sleep 0.5
> /usr/local/sbin/grub-bhyve -r $BOOT -m $MAP -M $MEMORY -c $NMDMA $NAME &
>
> It's not a nice solution but at least it works reliable.

Hi Yamagi,

Nice trick. The advantage is probably that you can use the nmdm device
in the grub-session if things do go south?

I've starting ripping the guts out of Grub2....
But it really looks like a huge swiss-army knive and has several stacked
layers of routines. Even ignoring all languages, modules and odd
platforms......

I've got it loading now, but very little output trace. Curses is taking
most of it. :(

--WjW