Hello,

I am having a slightly strange problem trying to kill a login process in a
jail.

I have a jail running (10.2 host/jail) and am logging on from the host system
using:

  # jexec <jid> login -f root

If however I then try to kill that login process from another session on the
host using:

  # jexec <jid> pkill login

the login process is killed but I end up getting a continuous stream of BEL
characters on the host terminal (about every 0.5s) and the terminal session
becomes unresponsive and needs to be killed.

I dont get this problem if I just run ‘sh -‘ (or ‘tcsh -l’) directly rather
than login.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Paul