Hi All,

I'm just getting started with Bhyve. So far everything is working as expected.
My original goal was to be running Ubuntu 12.04 i386 as I need it for a
particular project. One issue I'm having is MAC address spoofing. I'm aware I
can change the MAC address within Ubuntu but I'd like to configure the tap
interface from the host which should be possible according to man pages.

Bhyve Man Page: https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=bhyve&sektion=8

The issue I have is that by setting the below, the vm boots, I can console via
null modem, but there is no eth0 interface, only the loopback. Removing the
static MAC, reboot and everything is present and correct.

-s 2:0,virtio-net,tap0,mac=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

I've gone through dmesg in Ubuntu, but see nothing obvious.

Any guidance gratefully received.

Regards

James