On 23/02/2016 3:42 AM, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
Hi,

sorry for the cross-post, Reply-To: set.

On 22 Feb 2016, at 13:41 , Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-li...@lists.zabbadoz.net>
wrote:

Hi,

has anyone else experienced VNET jails to not fully go away anymore on a recent
HEAD kernel (or possibly an older kernel)?

I have test cases with which I can have them in DYING state (see jls -av) for
ever or at least more than half a day.   I am in the process of trying to find
the cause but would be good to know if anyone else is experiencing this?
Ok, I found more funny behaviour that I can get rid of the previous jail by
cleaning up the next one.

root@rabbit4:/home/test # jail -i -c -n test19 host.hostname=foo vnet persist
19
root@rabbit4:/home/test # jexec 19 /bin/csh
root@foo:/ # ifconfig lo0 inet 127.19/8
root@foo:/ # exit
root@rabbit4:/home/test # jail -r 19

Jail 19 is in DYING and hangs there forever;  If I repeat this upon exit from
jail 20, jail 19 will go away.

If I’ll just do this

root@rabbit4:/home/test # jail -i -c -n test20 host.hostname=foo vnet persist
21
root@rabbit4:/home/test # jail -r 21

20 and 21 are going.

I’ll keep tracing this but if it ring a bell for anyone please let me know ;-)

definitely no bell.

Thanks,
Bjoern

Example (after more than 12 hours of jail -r ..):

# jls -av
   JID  Hostname                      Path
        Name                          State
        CPUSetID
        IP Address(es)
     1  left.example.net              /
        lef827                        DYING
        18
     2  center.example.net            /
        mid827                        DYING
        19
     3  right.example.net             /
        right827                      DYING
        20
     6  right.example.net             /
        right923                      DYING
        23

—
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                  Charles Haddon Spurgeon:
"Friendship is one of the sweetest joys of life.  Many might have failed
  beneath the bitterness of their trial  had they not found a friend."