I can confirm that the following template file and vm-bhyve allows me to do
an unattended install of win2012r2 that will also allow a successful
install of SQL Server 2014.

guest="windows"
uefi="yes"
cpu=2
memory=4G
network0_type="virtio-net"
network0_switch="public"
disk0_type="ahci-hd"
disk0_name="disk0.img"
disk0_opts="sectorsize=512"

I'll see about trying with 4k blocks but for some reason, was having
trouble booting new VMs yesterday which led me to try 512 which also
failed, but after a fresh buildworld on 11-stable, the 512 block image
booted just fine.

Thanks for the help here

--
Randy