kib added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> decui_microsoft.com wrote in copy.c:79-84
> IIRC, the UEFI firmware enables protected mode with identity-mapped paging
> (i.e. VA==PA) , before the execution is transferred to FreeBSD's EFI loader.
> So here IMO I can treat VA==PA in the patch (it looks FreeBSD UEFI loader
> doesn't change the VA/PA mapping(?)).
>
> I have to admit the fact that I don't know the loader very well and actually
> it's my first time to have the chance to read some of the code and try to
> make a patch for it. :-)
>
> Please kindly elaborate a little more about the issues that you think exist
> in the patch and I am happy to dig more into them.

UEFI firmware is guaranteed to be executed with VA==PA indeed, but loader
changes the mapping after ExitBootServices(), making each 2G VA mapped by low
2G physical.

I did not wrote anything about issues in your patch, rather, I tried to
enumerate problems that must be handled to allow boot from arbitrary UEFI
memory map.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D9686

EMAIL PREFERENCES
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/

To: decui_microsoft.com, imp, jhb, will, kib, delphij, emaste,
sepherosa_gmail.com, honzhan_microsoft.com, howard0su_gmail.com, marcel
Cc: freebsd-virtualization-list