Hi, all,

I'm trying to get guest-additions to work for FreeBSD guests in FreeNAS 10.
FreeNAS 10 is built on top of RELENG_11 and uses the bhyve hypervisor.

Each VM is started with one virtio_console device like this:

bhyve [...] -s

Yet, inside the VM guest (I tried RELENG_10_3 and RELENG_11_0):

root@icescrum:~ # kldload virtio_console
vtcon0: <VirtIO Console Adapter> on virtio_pci1
vtcon0: vtcon_ctrl_process_event: invalid port ID 779313518
vtcon0: vtcon_ctrl_port_open_event: open port 0, but does not exist

Unfortunately the byhve(8) manpage does not mention virtio_console
at all and I did not find anything detailled in the wiki or with Internet

So I simply don't know if this is a bug in the way FreeNAS uses/starts
byhve or if there is a deeper problem with the implementation in FreeBSD.

Any hints greatly appreciated,
punkt.de GmbH * Kaiserallee 13a * 76133 Karlsruhe
Tel. 0721 9109 0 * Fax 0721 9109 100
i...@punkt.de       http://www.punkt.de
Gf: Jürgen Egeling      AG Mannheim 108285

Wir schaffen Lösungen für Ihre digitale Herausforderung.
Am 23.02.2017 sind wir auf der IT & Media in Frankfurt vertreten.
Wir freuen uns auf Ihren Besuch am Stand B7