On the Epyc it seemed to take a longer, but eventually the box locked
up and the watchdog ended up rebooting the server. I started 3, vCPU
guests all with separate CPU's pinned. It lasted 9hrs.

The Ryzen board also locked up with just 2 VMs running, and all vCPUs
pinned to separate cores.

Thanks for that Mike - it rules out any issues related to vCPUs moving around on physical cores.

I'd like to now see if there's a way to get this to happen quicker - perhaps running the test with increasing numbers of guest vCPUs ? From what I've seen, the network test only really uses 2 vCPUs so it's probably ok to even go to oversubscribing.

 I'll get this going on my Ryzen.

later,

Peter.