Hi Folks,

I'm struggling with networking when using vm-bhyve on FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE. I
have two NICs and have configured the first (igb0) on a management network and
want to use the second (igb1) for VMs.  However, I can't get any VM to
communicate through the virtual switch if I have igb1 added to it.  If I take
the NIC out of the switch and configure an ipv4 address on it I can reach other
hosts on the relevant subnet so I believe the poet set-up is valid.  If I
replace igb1 in the switch with igb0, I can then configure VMs on my management
network and they have network connectivity.  Can I only use an interface that
has an IP address configured at the host level before adding it to the switch?
 I've used other Hypervisors successfully by simply presenting a trunk port to
the virtual switch, but this does not seem to work with vm-bhyve either.

Regards,

Paul Esson