On Sat, 2013-01-05 at 20:15 -0700, Warren Block wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jan 2013, Frank Mayhar wrote:
> > Seeing as the Intel Ultimate-N 6300 that's in my new Dell doesn't work
> > in 9-stable (see related email here), I'm looking for a card that _does_
> > work.  Can anyone recommend a decent 11a/g/n card that works well?  At
> > least for 11a and 11g, I realize that 11n is still under heavy
> > development, thanks, Adrian!  It obviously needs to be a mini-pcie card.
> Careful, there are two sizes of mini-PCIe cards, full- and half-, and
> between one and three antenna connections.

Yeah, I'm planning on picking up a half-size card.  I don't know how
many antenna connections the current card has bit it's at least two and
quite likely three.

>From reading lists and comments here and there it looks like and
Atheros-based card is the way to go but I was hoping for a concrete
recommendation.  I'm currently using an AR5413-based card in another
laptop but it suffers from regular device timeouts and poor performance.

> Another important consideration is that Lenovo and HP machines have BIOS
> whitelists that only allow certain cards to work.

Not an issue for me, this is a Dell Latitude E6530.

> > Suggestions greatly appreciated.  Links even more appreciated. :-)
> > Thanks!
> There's a page on the wiki with Atheros hardware support, but the wiki
> is down right now.

Yeah, I tried that.  Thanks.
--
Frank Mayhar