On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 04:31:10PM -0600, John Nielsen wrote:

> If it makes you feel any better, I've been running -HEAD (with
> semi-regular updates) on my ALIX AP for a while without any trouble.
> Of course, I do the builds on another box... I'm happy to share make
> settings, etc if that would be useful.

Your kernel configuration would be interesting.  Mine is attached.  I
think it's a modified version from http://m0n0.ch/wall/.

                Petar Bogdanovic
machine         i386
cpu             I586_CPU
ident           ALIX

makeoptions     MODULES_OVERRIDE=""

options         HZ=1000
options         CONSPEED=38400

options         CPU_GEODE

hints           "ALIX.hints"

options         SCHED_4BSD              # 4BSD scheduler
options         INET                    # InterNETworking
options         FFS                     # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             # Enable FFS soft updates support
options         TMPFS                   # Efficient memory file system
options         MD_ROOT                 # MD is a potential root device
options         SCSI_DELAY=5000         # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         SYSVSHM                 # SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time
extensions

options         NO_SWAPPING
options         DEVICE_POLLING

device          apic                    # I/O APIC

# Bus support.
device          eisa
device          pci

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata
device          atadisk                 # ATA disk drives
options         ATA_STATIC_ID           # Static device numbering

device          scbus                   # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
device          da                      # Direct Access (disks)

# Add suspend/resume support for the i8254.
device          pmtimer

# Serial (COM) ports
device          uart                    # Generic UART driver

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these NICs!
device          miibus                  # MII bus support
device          vr                      # VIA Rhine, Rhine II

# Wireless NIC cards
device          wlan                    # 802.11 support
device          wlan_wep                # 802.11 WEP support
device          wlan_ccmp               # 802.11 CCMP support
device          wlan_tkip               # 802.11 TKIP support
device          wlan_amrr               # AMRR transmit rate control algorithm
device          wlan_xauth              # 802.11 external authenticator support
device          wlan_acl
device          ath
device          ath_pci                 # Atheros pci/cardbus glue
device          ath_hal                 # Atheros HAL (includes binary
component)
device          ath_rate_sample         # SampleRate rate control for the ath
driver
options         AH_SUPPORT_AR5416       # enable AR5416 tx/rx descriptors

# Pseudo devices.
device          loop                    # Network loopback
device          random                  # Entropy device
device          ether                   # Ethernet support
device          tun                     # Packet tunnel
device          tap                     # Ethernet tunnel
device          pty                     # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          md                      # Memory "disks"
device          gif                     # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling

device          if_bridge               # Bridge interface
device          vlan                    # VLAN support (needs miibus)
device          bpf                     # Berkeley packet filter
device          pf                      # PF OpenBSD packet-filter firewall
device          pflog                   # logging support interface for PF
#device         pfsync                  # synchronization interface for PF

options         ALTQ
options         ALTQ_CBQ                # Class Bases Queueing
options         ALTQ_RED                # Random Early Detection
options         ALTQ_RIO                # RED In/Out
options         ALTQ_HFSC               # Hierarchical Packet Scheduler
options         ALTQ_CDNR               # Traffic conditioner
options         ALTQ_PRIQ               # Priority Queueing
#options        ALTQ_NOPCC              # Required if the TSC is unusable

options         NETGRAPH                # netgraph(4) system
options         NETGRAPH_ASYNC
options         NETGRAPH_BPF
options         NETGRAPH_ETHER
options         NETGRAPH_IFACE
options         NETGRAPH_KSOCKET
options         NETGRAPH_L2TP
options         NETGRAPH_MPPC_ENCRYPTION
options         NETGRAPH_PPP
options         NETGRAPH_PPPOE
options         NETGRAPH_PPTPGRE
options         NETGRAPH_SOCKET
options         NETGRAPH_TCPMSS
options         NETGRAPH_TEE
options         NETGRAPH_UI
options         NETGRAPH_VJC

device          crypto
device          cryptodev
device          hifn
# $FreeBSD: src/sys/i386/conf/GENERIC.hints,v 1.16 2006/05/17 21:25:22 marius
Exp $
hint.fdc.0.at="isa"
hint.fdc.0.port="0x3F0"
hint.fdc.0.irq="6"