Hi

Hardware notes are fairly succinct about particular hardware for the 'ath'
driver:

3.5 Wireless Network Interfaces

[i386,pc98,amd64,sparc64] The
ath(4) driver
supports all Atheros Cardbus and PCI cards, except those that are based on the
AR5005VL
chipset.

For other drivers ('ipw', 'iwi' etc.) there is a list of HW that I can readily
order. Do you plan to add such list also for 'ath'?

Is there any advantage of choosing Atheros based card and using 'ath' over
Intel and 'ipw'.

I found it cumbersome to map Atheros chipsets to PCIe cards, most of the time
this info is hidden from the adapters data sheet. I must be completely on the
wrong way. I would expect 10 min. to pick a PCIe WLAN card from the Freebsd HW
notes, order it, plug it in, configure and enjoy. Like with LAN cards, hard
disks etc. What do I do wrong?

Cheers
Balazs