Hi Adrian,

I tried with 11.0-CURRENT as a livecd but no success (below is the
wpa_supplicant after issuing 'ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev ath0'):
wpa_supplicant -i wlan0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
###remark - start of wpa_supplicant output
Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
wlan0: Trying to associate with 54:e6:fc:ae:6a:bc (SSID='aero-gate'
freq=2432 MHz)
wlan0: Authentication with 54:e6:fc:ae:6a:bc timed out.
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=54:e6:fc:ae:6a:bc reason=3
locally_generated=1
wlan0: Trying to associate with 54:e6:fc:ae:6a:bc (SSID='aero-gate'
freq=2432 MHz)
wlan0: Authentication with 54:e6:fc:ae:6a:bc timed out.
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=54:e6:fc:ae:6a:bc reason=3
locally_generated=1
wlan0: Trying to associate with 54:e6:fc:ae:6a:bc (SSID='aero-gate'
freq=2432 MHz)
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED bssid=54:e6:fc:ae:6a:bc reason=3
locally_generated=1
###remark - here I press Ctrl+C
ioctl[SIOCS80211, op=20, val=0, arg_len=7]: Can't assign requested address
ioctl[SIOCS80211, op=26, val=0, arg_len=0]: Operation not supported
wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING
###remark - end of wpa_supplicant output

Any ideas?

Lyubo