I am pretty new to BSD world <BSDn00b here!>. I just installed FreeBSD
10.1-RELEASE on my system.

# uname -a
FreeBSD titanic.rootkea.me 10.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.1-RELEASE #0
r274401: Tue Nov 11 21:02:49 UTC 2014
r...@releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

# pciconf -lv | grep -B3 -i wireless
    subclass   = HDA
none3@pci0:18:0:0:    class=0x028000 card=0x00101028 chip=0x472714e4
rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device     = 'BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller'

I have also installed the port net/bwn-firmware-kmod using make install clean.

I have also made changes to /boot/loader.conf as suggested in the
Handbook. Here is my /boot/loader.conf
# cat /boot/loader.conf

But now I am confused about the next step.
According to handbook it should be # ifconfig wlan0  create wlandev ath0 [1]
I have no idea what to write in place of ath0. So I tried bwn and
bwn0. But both the times system said
"ifconfig : SIOCIFCREATE2 : Device not configured"

So how do I access wireless in my FreeBSD box?

PS- On surfing the net I stumbled upon using ndisgen to install the
BCM4313 driver [2]. But I would really appreciate if there is any
other way to natively install the driver on FreeBSD instead of
converting the WINDOWS(R) driver.
Or is this the only way?

Please help.

[1] https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-wireless.html#idp79356624