Sun, 03 Jul 2016 13:54:53 +0300 було написано Kurt Jaeger <p...@freebsd.org>:

Hi!

Automatic mode switching is not supported since r178354; you should manually
create an interface with required mode:

ifconfig wlan0 create wlandev <dev> wlanmode monitor up

or just put this to rc.conf(5):

wlans_<dev>="wlan2"
create_args_wlan2="wlanmode monitor"
ifconfig_wlan2="up"

Which devices do support radiotap operation and what is radiotap operation ?

AFAIK, radiotap(9) support is implemented in all wireless drivers.

Hi!

I've just tried to update net-mgmt/kismet, and at least it runs
on my laptop, but it does not work on the WLAN interface. I've did this:

cd /usr/local/etc
vi kismet.conf
ncsource=wlan0:type=radiotap_bsd

Then it says:

BSD interface set media command failed. The drivers for this device may
  not support radiotap operation.

So my questions are:

Which devices do support radiotap operation and what is radiotap operation ?