On 04 Aug 2016, at 00:41, Adrian Chadd <adrian.ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ok. I'll go dig an ar9227 out of storage and set it up to see what's going on.
>
> please do this:
>
> sysctl dev.ath.0.hal.debug=0x18
>
> then paste me the results from 'dmesg' over some period of time (eg
> between good/bad/good times.)

OK I enabled this last night and this morning I find that the DHCP server has
stopped serving anything on the WIFI interface. Thats a new one. It might be a
random bugs in the ISC DHCP server but I haven’t noticed it before and I have
seen that rtadvd sometimes doesn’t cope with broken interfaces and requires a
restart after they are fixed so maybe dhcpd is similar. That would mean the
sysctl loop had brought things back by itself. DHCP didn’t log anything and
seemed to be working over wired ethernet.

I restarted DHCP and everything seems normal. Pings are a bit variable but no
IP layer loss (e.g. best 1.6ms, avg 6.9ms, worst 15.3 ms for a ping from a
client to the base station).

Nothing logged yet from ath0 other than "ath0: stuck beacon; resetting (bmiss
count 0)” (note 0 this time) logged approx every 4 minutes. Every 5th (approx)
has a bmiss of 4). "ath0: device timeout” appears about once every 2 hours.

I will keep checking and let you know.

Thanks,

Andrew