Do you mean 0xFFE address? In vendor driver such 'addresses' are used
for delay between writes (50 ms for RTL8812A).

The issue is in the assignment, not the write/read part. rtwn_rf_prog
wants a * uint8_t list, whereas the register size from Linux is a
uint32_t (but can cleanly fit into a uint16_t and might just be the
default register size on Linux). How do I reconcile those two? I hope I
was clearer there.

The first column are the Linux registers in question:
http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/linux-master/drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtlwifi/rtl8188ee/table.c#316

Thank you for your continued assistance.