On 4/27/20 6:17 AM, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
Hi,

some of you had seen the tweet from the Foundation a longer while ago (or the phoronix article [1]) that they are sponsoring 11ac work and “it’s me” who’s looking at it now part-time.

For this work the initial focus will be on getting 11ac (non-AP) support into our stack. We’ll be using the Intel’s mvm driver (know as iwm in FreeBSD currently) as a reference for that work.

In addition we’ll also try to make sure to support newer chipsets as supported by iwlwifi. As some of you might be aware that Idwer has work in progress to port over iwx from OpenBSD and from iwlwifi [2] and that is amazing and he’s done a lot of work, and I hope I can work with him in this process to sort out issues and build a common ground for 11ac.

I’ll send a status update as there are things to report;  probably more regularly as there is something working and to test.

This is great!  Thanks for the status report, can't wait to start testing patches! :)

-pete

--
Pete Wright
p...@nomadlogic.org