On 01/04/12 11:55, Alexandre Biancalana wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 5:12 PM, Colin Percival <cperc...@freebsd.org> wrote:
>> Yes.
> I´d asked the wrong question... are the FreeBSD instances stable
> enough to run Network/FileSystem very intensive workload ?

The HVM instances are very stable.

>> You can't run FreeBSD on m1.small, but it works just fine on m1.large and
>> m2.xlarge as long as you don't mind paying the "Windows tax".
> By "paying the Windows tax" you mean that it run in HVM instead of PV Xen
> mode ?

Yes, the 64-bit instances (except cluster compute) are running HVM, which is
only available by having EC2 think that you're running Windows.  So Amazon
bills you for the cost of a Windows instance, including license fee.

Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve
Founder / author, Tarsnap | tarsnap.com | Online backups for the truly paranoid