On Fri, 28 Dec 2012, Olivier Duchateau wrote:

2012/12/28 Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com>:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2012, Olivier Duchateau wrote:

2012/12/27 Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com>:

After the update to Thunar, it works but no longer shows folder icons.
Same
situation with either Tango or Gnome icons.  Is this a known problem?

It' strange, I didn't noticed this problem (only emblems in side
pane). How are you upgraded Thunar ?

I don't recall anything unusual.  Probably portupgrade on this system.

I went back and started looking for problems. Rather than rebuilding everything Thunar depends on, I thought I'd start with sysutils/gnome-icon-theme. Which errored out looking for the Perl XML-SAX modules. I remember that upgrade, but didn't have a problem after it until now.

In any case, something was broken in my setup, a recent upgrade triggered a deinstall/reinstall of gnome-icon-theme, and the broken stuff prevented the creation of the icons. After fixing that by reinstalling textproc/p5-XML-SAX, then reinstalling sysutils/gnome-icon-theme, all of the Thunar icons are present.

Thanks!