The SDL client crashes semi-randomly on Mac OS X (10.3.9), but there
is one segfault that is 100% reproducible: Go to 'video options' and
chose 1024x768 (max res on my machine) without first selecting 'full
screen' = immediate segfault. (The resolution works fine in full
screen tho'.)

Other graphical irregularities includes:
-The national flag to the upper right in the pregame nation selection
screen only appear once. As soon as you select another nation, it
disappears.
-Building icons are missing from the city production screen.
-National flags are missing from the players screen.

Otherwise, the SDL client runs beautifully on OSX and does not require
sluggish Apple X11. It seems to run somewhat swifter than GTK2 on my
ancient iBook G3!

--Daniel