The latest svn sources do not build because of some "format specifier
mismatch" problems in cs.po.  I fixed a few lines in my copy just to
get rid of the errors.  That file looks like it needs some attention.

Marko's patches went on fine once I got a version of patch that would
read them.  The GNU sources of patch don't build, TortoiseSVN's patch
utility isn't compatible, and the binary version of patch from
gnuwin32 doesn't like redirection of stdin.  I finally got it to work
using cat with a pipe.

Except for cs.po, the win32 client build was ok.  There were a few
warnings from gcc about things that probably should be cleaned up at
some point, but I don't think they have anything to do with Marko's
patches or the patch I originally wrote.

***
dialogs.c: In function `update_nation_info':
dialogs.c:285: warning: unused variable `i'
dialogs.c:287: warning: unused variable `nation'
dialogs.c: In function `populate_nation_listview':
dialogs.c:486: warning: passing arg 2 of `is_nation_in_group' from
incompatible pointer type
dialogs.c:490: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
dialogs.c: At top level:
dialogs.c:107: warning: 'races_class' defined but not used
dialogs.c:108: warning: 'races_legend' defined but not used
dialogs.c:464: warning: 'cmp_func' defined but not used

optiondlg.c: In function `option_proc':
optiondlg.c:83: warning: enumeration value `COT_FONT' not handled in switch
optiondlg.c: In function `popup_option_dialog':
optiondlg.c:156: warning: enumeration value `COT_FONT' not handled in switch
optiondlg.c:202: warning: enumeration value `COT_FONT' not handled in switch
***

Running the client I see some errors from libiconv.

***
1: Invalid string conversion from UTF-8 to CP1252//TRANSLIT.
1: last message repeated 2 times
1: last message repeated 2 times (total 4 repeats)
1: Invalid string conversion from CP1252 to UTF-8//TRANSLIT.
1: Invalid string conversion from UTF-8 to CP1252//TRANSLIT.
1: last message repeated 2 times
***

I also see some garbled Vietnamese characters.  I think the client
needs a font with better support for unicode.  I've had good luck with
Courier New, which displays the Vietnamese properly in gvim and
cmd.exe.

Finally, the nation selection window doesn't display the nation groups
properly.  The group names are displayed oddly, (
"?nationgroup:Ancient" for example ) and only the All group actually
has any nations in it.  The rest are empty.

JKL