On Thursday 01 February 2007 8:43 pm, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> We have over 15000 spam tickets in RT now. I take care of almost a
> hundred a day. This is not sustainable. Something permanent has to be
> done about it.

Ooo, too bad it's perl.  If it's php, or if you control your webserver, you
could run Bad Behavior, which stops spam by studying the request itself, so
it doesn't care about the web application it protects.  It's written in php,
so you'd need to either use a php-based tracker (there are plenty!), or
configure apache to execute it for every request.  Don't know how that would
interact with perl, though.

Dave