<URL: http://bugs.freeciv.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=39672 >
I have noted the following problems and ideas while playing the latest beta of
01. On-line Help: Wonders show Required=0 and "Obsolete By" as the tech
required, instead of the technology advance that renders it obsolete.
02. Selecting Nations: Choosing any ?nationgroup gives an empty list.
03. Games - Local Options: Screen too long to fit on 1024 X 768 screen. The
program should check screen size. The Ok and Cancel buttons on the bottom are
04. Sometimes focus goes to another application, which was just sitting in the
background, when closing pop-up window.
01. On-line Help: Give on-line help for the starting game options, not just
the HTML files.
02. On-line Help: Show path to each technology advance (not just what it
allows, but what allows it).
03. On-line Help: Put images from the tile set in the help display.
04. When picking a name from the listbox when selecting nations, the program
should set the appropriate gender for the person, but let the player change it
05. Do not put up "Welcome to Freeciv" window with Game Options until the
server is connected.
06. Show which wonders are obsolete on WorkList.
I also have some crashes at various times. I have not been able to determine a
consistent cause, but it always reports a General Protection Fault in USER.(EXE
OR DLL, I forget which). It generally crashes after a couple of hours of play.
I have yet to complete a game after 6 or 7 attempts.
I am running on a Windows 98, Celeron II, 400 MHz with 320 MB of RAM and
somewhere around 30 GB of disk free on the partition containing Windows and
Program Files. Any other details or test you want, just ask.
I will try the last stable instead.
David Nuttall, Computer Specialist
Nuttall Computer Consulting
Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new
Yahoo! Mail: http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca
Freeciv-dev mailing list