> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Sun Sep 24 12:58:24 2006]:
>
> Hello,
>
> I suggest for inclusion in freeciv my map of France:
>
> http://people.gna.org/~yeupou/freeciv/france.sav.gz
>

>  With:
>  - plenty of nations, with a more or less consistent starting
>  location (but keeping out-of-the-box freeciv nations)
>  - a map of France not scrupulously exact from a geographical
>  point of view but enough to recognize regions and have
>  fun.
>
>  Plus, I also tuned the game options:
>  - No magic reconstruction of a palace is the capitol city was
>  destroyed
>  - Frontiers
>
>  How to use it:
>  - you must put france.sav.gz in you freeciv scenarii
>  directory (here /usr/share/freeciv/scenario)
>  - start civclient, choose scenario, etc.
>
>  2009/09/22

Trying the version of the map available from
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/freeciv-maps/trunk/france/

1: The save file contains incomplete map data.  This can happen with old
saved games, or it may indicate an invalid saved game file.  Proceed at
your own risk.
1: Reason: line not found
1: secfile_lookup_line='secfile_lookup_str_default(file, NULL,
"map.f%03d", nat_y)'

On 2.0.9 I also get this warning while entering observer mode:

1: Error: choose_random_tech should only be called when research target
is A_UNSET. Please report this bug at <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

In the end, it is possible to play a game on the map, though there is a
large arctic area in the eastern area that looks very out of place.
Maybe a result of the load error?

 ~Daniel