On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 04:44 -0800, Daniel Markstedt wrote:
> I thought all recent laptop keyboards have a 'soft' numerical
> keyboard: 789, uio, jkl, that you can access with the "fn" (or
> similarly named) key?
>
> Anyway, keyboard commands certainly ought to be mappable to
> accommodate for everyone's preferences.

Daniel, for the most part, they do, but it's still a usability issue
when I can simply use a number for unit movement.  I want to stay as far
away from the mouse as possible, and using multi-key combinations is
about as bad for basic usage functions.

I agree - mappable keys make tremendous amounts of sense and would solve
my issue.

Kevin