Hi all,

Some days ago I gave the new Freeciv v2.1.0 a test run. I really like the new
theme! It makes Freeciv look more like a game and not like a mail client. ;-)

Living in Switzerland, I use the German localization. While the localization
of strings was high quality, I was a little irritated to see dollar symbols
used for the tax in the new theme. To quote gettext (see
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Aspects):
"There are many attributes that are needed to define a country's cultural
conventions. These attributes include beside the country's native language,
the formatting of the date and time, the representation of numbers, the
symbols for currency, etc."

I would really prefer an agnostic symbol for tax (e.g. a "neutral" coin).

Only as a secondary option I would like to be able to localize the tax symbol.
But, as far as I understand the source code, everything is hardwired in the
tileset spec files. Would it be possible to make this more flexible, if we do
not get a better default tax symbol?

Greetings & Thank you very much for a great game!

Ronny