I'm having a lot of trouble with getting FreeCiv to be playable size. I
use Ubuntu 7.10. If I have Compiz enabled, and make the FreeCiv window
maximized, it'll start jumping up and down on my screen as I click on
the window (so even if I'm clicking on a clear button, the click is
intercepted, and the FreeCiv window will jump up above my top gnome
panel, or, if it's already up there, jump down). If I have the metacity
enabled, it doesn't jump, but it won't stretch at all either (I tried
with both maximized and non-maximized FreeCiv).

Is there anything I can do to avoid this?

Thank you.