Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> The patch that introduced it did not mention it, and none of the
> references to it that I could find, in the code and in your patch,
> said anything about what it was or what it was supposed to do. It is
> quite hopeless to try to keep up with what is happening if you do not
> even try to annotate.

Sadly, this is the result of dividing large and complicated patches into
smaller ones.  Not all of the comments and definitions are present.  Some
are intended to be used later....

But, it's a symbol.  It's supposed to be self-documenting.

Of course, it would have been so much more helpful to simply use a 0 there
instead of a symbol (as was done by a predecessor in srv_main itself).
[that's sarcasm for the humor impaired.]