> [dmarks - Sa 06. Okt 2007, 01:16:19]:
>
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Fri Oct 05 22:59:28 2007]:
> >
> > REGARDING THE FOUR BUG REPORTS - I ADDED THE NEEDED INFO ALREADY IN
> >    EMAIL REPLY.
> >
> > THE ONLY Q I HAVE REMAINING IS: WHY HAS FREECIV DECIDED TO HIDE SERVER
> >    OPTIONS LIKE THE SAVE-GAME FILE NAME???  I LIKE TO SET THIS EVERY
> >    TIME, HOW DO I CHANGE THESE HIDDEN SERVER OPTIONS IN SINGLE PLAYER
> >    GAMES??
> >

> They aren't hidden as such, it's just that noone has implemented a gui
> option for them in the (GTK2) client, yet.
>
> You can use the chatline/commandline in pregame to set any server option
> though. To change the savegame prefix for example, do:
>
> /set savename yourgamename
>
> Reference of all server options at
> http://freeciv.wikia.com/wiki/Server_options

I don't understand your point. Saving games are a vital point for the
use of Freeciv. The best approach is a GUI option that allows setting of
the game name and how often it is saved. These options in the GUI are
already there, they are just not accessible when you start a game (See
"Start new game" --> "More game options" --> "Internal"), they are shown
as "(hidden)". It looks to me as it were simple to change this.

A smaller point, but seems easy to fix, too, is, the "Turns per
autosave" option (accesible once you're in game) goes 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10,
so I can't set "1" without keyboard use. ;)

If I'm right, and these are easy to fix, I'd really like to this soon. I
stumble on it each and every game.

Christian

--
http://cknoke.de