On 4/9/08, Karol Stasiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To FreeCiv devs:
>
>  1.
>  I understand that your primary goal is 100% rules compatibility with
>  Civilization II, so you decided to implement to the game a global
>  warming model.
>  However, for sake of reality, I'd really like to see an option to turn
>  it off. The global warming is only a part of climate change cycle,
>  which humans have nearly no control on. In CivII, however, it's caused
>  by human-made pollution. Implementing such an unproved theory in game
>  that aims to give good simulation of civilization development, can
>  spoil the whole game experience for realism lovers.
>  If you believe Gore and the others, it's your decision, we live in
>  free countries. However, turning the global warming off can really
>  improve realism for many player that think the opposite.
>  If you rather think that turning off the global warming destroys the
>  realism, well, so does torus-shaped globe...

Regardless of any kind of silly appeals to realism or even more
preposterous suspicions of political agenda, I would want the global
warming behaviour to be adjustable by users based on my own
observations of multiplayer games. We have had a server setting
to turn off global warming for a long time in the server part of the
warclient project, and in the past many months, disabled global
warming has been the default for online games because the majority
of players would appear to prefer it that way.

>  2.
>  How 'bout a worker unit and global army maintenance, like in CivIII?

There is a worker unit already... :|

Could you be a little more specific? If you give a clear and detailed
specification of what you would like, and it is a good idea, then
that would raise the chances of someone becoming interested
in implementing it for you. Well... maybe. ;)