> [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Sun Apr 20 12:01:58 2008]:
>
> Should the tile on which a city with a Supermarket sits automatically
> get the benefit of farmland, similar to auto-irrigation?

Yes, that has been the case in 2.0.x and previous versions
as far as I know. In fact it is once the player discovers
Refrigeration (i.e. a tech with the farmland flag) that the
city center's base food value gets the farmland bonus
(depending on terrain type, and of course it would need a
supermarket to make use of it). Keep in mind though that the
actual tile on which the city sits does not get the specials
themselves set.