Marko Lindqvist wrote:

> 2008/5/3 Jason Dorje Short:
>>  Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>>  >
>>  >  I set up game and saved in - still in pregame. Loading this savegame
>>  > leads to failing sanity checks and crashes.
>>  >
>>  >  I don't see any reason to saving in pregame (I've done it as
>>  > developer in order to some tests, but that's another story) I think we
>>  > can simply disallow saving in pregame with message directing user to
>>  > /write -command.
>>
>>  What about for scenarios?
>
>  Saving part: What actually is the current correct way of creating scenarios?

None yet; as the editor is incomplete all real scenarios must be
hand-modified in the savefile text I believe.

>  I have a patch that adds separate server command for saving current
> (running, not pregame!) game as scenario and related menu item "Save
> as scenario" to client/editor.

Some scenarios might be considered "running" (with players, cities, etc)
and some not (just with a list of nations and potential starting
points).  This distinction may not even be useful.

> have to be fixed.

Entirely.

-jason