Hi Björn,

Thanks for your contribution! I will consider it for inclusion in future major
versions of Freeciv.

Two things:

Currently in Freeciv, the shields are all automatically rendered from the flag
images, so we cannot currently have different flag and shield images. And even
if it was technically possible, radically different national flags and shields
would
be detrimental to usability since it would be harder for players to recognize
the
owner of units.

Did you have a particular reason for choosing the 'Electorate' over say the
'Dutchy' or 'Kingdom'? Sincerely curios, since I'm not too familiar with German
history. =)

Best,
 ~Daniel