On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 11:05 AM, Brandon Van Every <bvanev...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got farther by starting a Cygwin shell, starting X within the Cygwin
> shell, then starting Eclipse within X.  Now I've got a civclient that
> can't seem to conjure a civserver.  More pathnames perhaps...

I tried MSYS again, starting Eclipse from inside MSYS.  The Eclipse
Autotools plugin simply doesn't work properly with it.  It calls out
to sh using ordinary Windows pathnames.  The \ are eliminated as the
arguments are passed, resulting in errors.  Bottom line is the Eclipse
Autotools plugin is not ready for prime time with MSYS.  I'm going to
try building Freeciv outside of Eclipse, then just debugging the final
installed civclient.exe.  At this point I'm really only trying to
trace Freeciv to see how it works.

Running config.status

sh C:\Users\bvanevery\workspace\freemsys\build\config.status
C:\Users\bvanevery\workspace\freemsys\build\config.status: line 890:
cd: C:Usersbvaneveryworkspacefreemsys: No such file or directory
C:\Users\bvanevery\workspace\freemsys\build\config.status: line 891:
cd: C:Usersbvaneveryworkspacefreemsys: No such file or directory
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in

Configuration failed with error

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every