The reason I have not written similar patch is that it would require
too many unit classes to be practical. You didn't include ruleset
changes to your patch, but if you do those properly you will notice
how much duplicate entries you have to write (if you have classes
"Horses", "Pikemen" and "Land", you need to include similar effects
for all three classes in effects.ruleset).
 It would be a bit better if you target unit types instead of unit
classes, but then we have hardcoded limit of four types to have
bonuses against. Hmm... Actually that limit might be quite bad for
class based approach too - if number of classes explodes like "Land" +
"Horses" + "Pikemen", you need three slots just for land moving units.

 Anyway, these things need to be generalized (there's old ticket about
this somewhere, possibly with additional info) so I would very much
like to see somehow improved version of this patch.

2009/1/2 Yoav Luft:
> B. The code on helpdata.c does not work, it always see NULL pointers,
> altough everywhere else it doesn't happen.

 Help is in client side while all the other code you touch is in
server side. You need to change network protocol and to send this new
information to client side as well.

 - ML