I agree that the client should distinguished between
being connected in pregame, and being disconnected.
If I recall correctly, right now there are some hacks
that check if aconnection is connected to know if
the game data should be reset. A client state would
probably be a better solution.

Ideally we would want to design it so that ruleset
data is only sent when the ruleset actually changes
on the server, that is, when clients connect initially
or when the ruleset is changed in pregame due to
the rulesetdir command or a game being loaded.

情報伝達を最小限に下げましょう。