I just thought of feature which could be built on top of these patches, I
assume.

I run public servers with custom rulesets (in addition to default ruleset
ones). With these servers I'd sometimes like to further limit what settings
changes first player is able to do. Ruleset may have its own special flavor
coming from certain settings. It's a waste of these custom ruleset server
instances if first player turns them in to more generic Freeciv games (for
which there already is plenty of servers).
So ruleset could mark some settings locked, so that they cannot be changed.