2009/10/9 Marko Lindqvist <cazf...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/10/8 Matthias Pfafferodt <matthias.pfaffer...@mapfa.de>:
>> OK; so is there a possibility for this to go into 2.2.0?
>>

>  Main reason to very long release cycles is that we want to fit too
> many new features to each release instead of "release early, release
> often".

I know it can be frustrating that new features you are writing now are
postponed to 2.3 - it may take years for them to appear to end user
(unless we success in shortening release cycles). I have written some
features immediately after S2_1 branching (3.5 years ago) and first
time they will be released is when we finally release 2.2.0. But
trying to fit features in earlier release just to avoid this long wait
only makes things worse. Sorry.

 - ML