interesting idea, and easily doable. In fact a nice little project for
someone wanting to get their feet wet.

Add a timing struct for each AI. Each turn for each AI, calculate the time
it takes for various major actions (city management, unit management) and
store that time. Use number of cities and units and time previous turn took
as a predictor. Add all AI times together for interturn prediction. I imagine
that the prediction would be pretty good.