> most of the time I have to use general as the right entry is
> missing

I do the same...

> However, categories are only useful if you actually want to
> mechanically process the items -- filter by category, or
> generate stats, or what have you.
>
> I think the client-XXX categories are useful as different
> clients are maintained by different people (beyond the core set).

Actually, I hope there will be also an art maintainer, a server maintainer
etc... And if one people is working on a big change about one of those
category, the search of already existent bugs will be really faster and
easier.

> A missing category is "nations" -- a large proportion of all
> patches are nation patches, and one or a few people generally
> deal with all of them, so it's worth being able to filter them
> out.

It's ok I think using the ruleset category for them, as long they affect the
ruleset, is correct. But I'm not opposed to it. But in a such case, there
will be also categories like "path finding", "city manager" or any particular
module? Or maybe nations do something different?

One question would be (if all agree to adds the mentioned categories) who is
able to change this?