Summary: Various bugs with pillaging of bases
Submitted by: jtn
Submitted on: Monday 03/29/10 at 03:10
Severity: 3 - Normal
Priority: 5 - Normal
Assigned to: None
Discussion Lock: Any
Operating System: None
Found by code inspection, not all verified to cause visible problems yet.
* Pillage select popup includes bases that are already being pillaged.
* You can specify a base to pillage, but it gets lost when you save the game,
because the unit's activity_base value is only saved if it's doing
ACTIVITY_BASE, not ACTIVITY_PILLAGE. Instead you get BASE_NONE (see below).
* In the pillage_select=0 case, can_unit_do_activity_targeted_at() checks the
value of get_preferred_pillage() without decomposing it into target/base
first. (I'd expect this to preventing pillaging fortresses in civ1, but for
some reason it doesn't.)
* In update_unit_activity(), there seems to be handling for "old savegames"
where base pillaging is indicated by S_LAST+BASE_NONE. This shouldn't happen
with current servers, except that the second bug means it will.
call_incident() is only called for the targeted case, not the "compatibility"
* Again in update_unit_activity() (this time the targeted case), if multiple
units are simultaneously pillaging different bases on a tile, when one of
them finishes all the rest will be cancelled (bases are treated as the
Perhaps more to come...
Reply to this item at:
Message sent via/by Gna!
Freeciv-dev mailing list