I haven't got round to looking into this in any detail, but... it seems
rather a shame for pf_map_new() to silently ignore some of the parameters
requested; the error message helped the diagnosis of this error.

Is there any pressing need to apply a fix to S2_2 or trunk, where there's no
failure caused by this fault at the moment (that I know of)?

If this is a situation that only occurs on S2_1 and this combination of
path-finding requirements is not likely to be needed on S2_2/trunk in the
foreseeable future, then a quick fix for S2_1 to revert to previous behaviour
seems the most appropriate (even if the resulting path-finding is not
optimal).

But I admit I don't fully understand the different flavours of pathfinding
(normal/danger/fuel) yet, nor exactly what danger the danger_map is looking
for.