On 9 April 2010 00:13, Ulrik Sverdrup <ulrik.sverd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Author: englabenny
> Date: Thu Apr  8 23:13:06 2010
> New Revision: 17285

> Log:
> API: Define methods more conveniently
>
> Using the tolua_outside declaration, supported by toluaxx (and
> tolua++), we can define API datatype methods directly in the type
> definition.

 I hope this does not mean we are now dependant on toluaxx.

 We switched from tolua to toluaxx only because at the time there was
no lua 5.1 compatible version of tolua. It was quite a battle to get
things working (we were even forced to revert several svn commits as
switch to tolua++ broke repository quite spectacularly). It might be
worthwhile to check mail archives about related discussions.
 Neither tolua++ or toluaxx impress by their (project management)
quality. Also, toluaxx seems quite dead project at the moment. Now
that there is new version of tolua that support lua 5.1, plan has been
to switch back to it. It's already in our repository, but it does not
yet work with our api.pkg and I've had no time to get it working.

 - ML